FCP X

So as the debate still rages over Apples latest version of Final Cut, and editors consider moving to new software, I am reminded of my migration from AVID DS to Final Cut 4 years ago. As those of you familiar with the DS know, I really wasn't able to bring previously produced projects over to my new editing platform. So after I became comfortable with the new software I developed a procedure for saving my projects that would allow me to easily migrate to any new editing system in the future. I created a checklist of all the files I would need to edit the project on any another system.

Feel free to copy it and modify it for yourself, it has already saved my a number of times.

Project:__________________________________________________ Date:
Client:_____________________________Division/Department__________________________
Producer________________________________ Editor:_____________________________

CHECKLIST:
Final Master QT
ProRes422(HQ) or Native
PhotoJPEG or Animation

Final UNFONTED Master QT
ProRes422(HQ) or Native
PhotoJPEG or Animation

Unmixed Files
OMF
AIFF
WAV

Final Cut Timeline
XML 1 Timeline

Music/SFX/VO

Consolidated Final Cut Folder
Consolidated Timeline
Media Folder

After Effects Files
Project Files
Assets Used
Renders

DVD Mpegs
DVD Studio Pro dspproj File
DVD Master

Web Files
Flash Files
WMV
QT h264

Other:

Comments

  1. Wow what a post i am so inspired here could you more share here i will be back to you as soon as possible and also i have some information for you just click here
    samsung galaxy s2 case
    galaxy s2 case
    galaxy s2 cover
    windows 7 cool gadgets
    samsung galaxy s2 case
    windows 7 temp profile registry fix
    htc
    gadgets
    gadgetsntechs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transcripts

One Head Many Hats